- UK Collab: Judgement show. Guest Judge. London. Tba 2021
- DTA CANBOT SHOW! New York, USA. Oct 2020 -UK Collab: 20/20 online show. Sept 2020
- In to the shit again, Brooklyn, USA. Jan 2020
- Hung, drawn & sorted. London. Dec 2019
- Lost in Translation. London. Feb - April 2019
- Cheltenham Paint Festival Sept 2017
- London Calling group show with members of the BlackPaint Tartan Division. April 2017
- Kontrolled Chaos Gallery, Indianapolis USA Feb 2017
- Birbfeck Pier Paint Jam Sept 2016
- Hazy Dayz (home of Banksy's Dismaland in WSM) July 2016
- The Lighthouse Hub in WSM Dec 2015
Indie Matharu is a photo realistic pencil artist based in the UK. She started drawing when she was at school as it allowed her to express herself without verbal explanation. She studied graphic design at University and has been working as an artist since 2015.
Indie is inspired and influenced by emotion and her works capture the moment and character of her subjects. She specialises in pencil drawing because she is attracted to its many tones and its ability to convey a multitude of emotions depending on how the pencil is used.
Her work challenges the boundaries of what is possible with a simple pencil creating works that are photo realistic and tell stories that communicate the character of the subject through their energy.
She approaches her subjects as individuals that require techniques drawn from life drawing, architectural drawing and strong use of light and shade.